|Price:||$174.99 & FREE Shipping.|
Detailed review of Yoshihiro VGYA240SH Stainless Hongasumi Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Japanese Chef Knife, 9.5″, Rosewood:
– This knife delivers Hongasumi grade high carbon steel sharpness and edge retention with stainless steel durability and ease of care
– VG Stainless steel blade with HRC 62-63 combines exceptional sharpness and optimal edge retention with stain resistance. Knife will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening and will glide through any type of fish with no pressure
– 9.5 inch (240mm) single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back
– Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Rosewood Japanese D-shaped handle and a shitan bolster (COLOR VARIES) for a light and well balanced construction
– Lacquer coated magnolia wooden sheath provides odor and stain resistance with ease of cleaning. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced.
Product description Yoshihiro VGYA240SH Stainless Hongasumi Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Japanese Chef Knife, 9.5″, Rosewood:
Size:9.5″ | Color:Rosewood
Our handmade Yoshihiro VG Stain Resistant Hongasumi Yanagi is crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans. Exemplifying the most intricate techniques of forging, layering, and hammering, VG Steel with a hardness on the Rockwell scale of 62~63, is forged with iron to create the most elaborate of finishes. Our Yoshihiro VG Stain Resistance Steel Hongasumi Yanagi is complimented with a traditional Japanese style handcrafted premium Shitan Rosewood handle and a protective wooden sheath which is brush coated with a layer of non-toxic lacquer made from organic tree saps in Japan. The lacquer coating provides resistance to unwanted odor, stain, and chips, all the while highlighting the beauty of the wood grain with exquisite effect. The Yanagi is a long slicing knife designed to cut thin slices of fish for sushi and sashimi. The beauty of its elegant thin blade is in its ability to slice through ingredients in long uninterrupted strokes, preserving their integrity and freshness. The Yanagi is one of the most essential of traditional Japanese knives and is a powerful component in the repertoire of many chefs.
The knife is made to shine in the preparation of fish although some users accommodate the edge of those knives to other kitchen tasks like parting out poultry or to be used as a vegetable cleaver. Buyers should possess some familiarity with all care practices as well as the uses of single bevel knives to totally experience most debas. There are a few “Western Debas” which are earth on either side. These knives were created to manage quite heavy jobs like gourds or dividing chickens.
This Deba knife was created as a normal one, like cutting through toughened regions and bones of moderate-sized fish for the exact same uses. Additionally, it functions nicely with meat poultry, and vegetables. The knife is real as it invented in Seki City and had been made in Japan. Sekiryu Corporation of Japan, the producer is well respected as a leading Japanese knife manufacturing company. It’s dishwasher- safe free, and resistant.
The top cleavers will probably be made to continue an entire life, although they might cost just a little bit more. Some will have wide-ranging guarantees together with the life guarantee that is occasional. Because you won’t need to replace it, it’s worth spending the additional cash on one of these simple Chinese cleavers.
Cleavers should feel sound and are hefty, but you don’t desire where it becomes uncomfortable to utilize it to be overly heavy. The choices that are very best are going to have business, simple to grasp and comfortable handle that’s ergonomic in design.
Read more reviews at Amazon
Now that you might have a clearer thought of what the top knives that are Deba must provide, you need to be willing to create a determination. Consider whether you need a traditional metal blade or favor a ceramic one, whether you need your funds, along with a normal Japanese Deba knife. Afterward, return for this list and find out which option best meets your requirements.