Detailed review of Houcho.com Suisin Inox Western-Style Knife Series, Genuine Sakai-Manufactured, Inox Steel Gyuto & Utility Knife:
– Genuine Sakai manufactured. Extraordinary rust resistance and sharpness! Size: 7.1” (180mm) gyuto/santoku blade and 4.7”(120mm) blade utility knife set
– Materials: INOX AUS 8 (8A) steel, rust-resistant knife for commercial use. A mixture of 0.10%-0.25% molybdenum lends the blades in this series an additional tenacity, making them more difficult to chip and giving them a sharper edge.
– Features: The knife is made for professional use, making it not only excellent for restaurant and bar use, but terrific for home use as well. These knives have an excellent reputation for sharpness and rust resistance, as well as for their great grip.
– With great rust resistance and sharpness, a comfortable grip, and with reduced sharpening time thanks to being extremely easy to sharpen, these knives will handle all of your basic professional functions.
– Makes the perfect gift for Mother’s Day
Product description Houcho.com Suisin Inox Western-Style Knife Series, Genuine Sakai-Manufactured, Inox Steel Gyuto & Utility Knife:
In additions to carbon, silicon, and manganese, SUISIN INOX Western style series blades also contain chromium and molybdenum. They are recognized for excellence in both rust resistance and sharpness. All blades in the SUISIN INOX Western style knife series are hand sharpened using the honbazuke method, guaranteeing an edge that is already extremely sharp when you place your order. SUISIN INOX Western style knife handles will conform well to the palm of your hand. They are secured firmly with rivets and standoffs, offering weight and stability, and a comfortable, rounded grip. The palm-conforming shape will make this knife your favorite for a long time to come.
Some users adapt the edge of these knives to other kitchen tasks such as parting out poultry or for use as a vegetable cleaver however, the knife was made to excel in the preparation of bass. Many debas are single bevel meaning the knife is ground on one side only and the back side of this knife is flat. Single bevels knives possess more acute angles in their borders that excel at cutting thinner, thinner merchandise just like fish but in return need a different skill set to use and sharpen. Buyers must have some familiarity with the uses and maintenance practices of single bevel knives to fully appreciate most debas. There are some “Western Debas” which are ground on both sides. These knives are designed to manage very heavy tasks like splitting chickens or gourds.
This Deba knife is designed for the same uses as a traditional one, like cutting through toughened bones and areas of medium-sized fish. Additionally, it works well with poultry, meat, and vegetables. The maker, Sekiryu Corporation of Japan is well respected as a top Japanese knife maker.
You also need to pay attention to the general quality of this Chinese cleaver. Though they may cost a little bit more, the best cleavers will be forced to last an entire lifetime. Some may even have extensive guarantees with the occasional life warranty. It is well worth spending the extra money on one of these Chinese cleavers because you won’t need to replace it — ever.
Don’t neglect to read testimonials about the Chinese cleavers you are considering to determine which ones are definitely the most comfortable. Cleavers are heavy and should feel solid, but you do not need it to be too thick where it becomes uncomfortable to use. The best options are going to have firm, comfortable handle that’s ergonomic in design and easy to grip.
Now that you have a better idea of what the very best Deba knives must offer, you should be ready to make a decision. Consider whether you want a traditional metal blade or prefer a ceramic one, whether you want a standard Japanese Deba knife, along with your budget. Then, return to this list and determine which option best matches your needs.