A knife is not only meant for cutting and slicing but also provides a lot of other uses. Different types of knives cut different foods. A bread knife is designed in order to cut bread with perfection and ease. There are various bread knives available in the market, but the best bread knife is what you should look for perfect cooking. Bread knives have serrated features allowing them to cut the bread easily by creating an angle. The longer the bread knife is the better and finer it is. Serrations on the bread knife allow you to cut loaves of bread in exact and equal sizes with ease.
Ultimate Guide to the Best Bread Knife to Add Value to Your Cooking
The Various Uses of Bread Knives
As per conventional theory, bread knife is not only made for cutting the bread but also to perform various other tasks in the kitchen. These knives with serrations allow you to cut tomatoes into thin slices. When deciding to carve a turkey on special holidays, the best way to make the carvings is to use bread knives instead of carving knife. These knives are also helpful in removing the skin of the toughest fruits like pineapple, etc.
A Gamut of Bread Knives
There are various bread knives available in the market. Varying from knives for crusty bread to basic bread knife, here are a list of few best bread knives.
- Classic 9 inch Bread Knife: This bread knife belongs to Japanese cutlery and is ideal for many breads varying from rustic artisan breads to baguettes. Its serrated edges help in preventing tearing and slice the loaf in a precise manner. This knife is durable, strong and sharp with solid grip due to its forged stainless steel.
- Granton Edge Slicing Knife: This bread knife is the basic bread knife. Though the design may seem complicated but job it does requires minimal effort rather is effortless. If you to make straight cuts in the crust of the bread then you shall use this fairly heavy knife. This knife offers flexibility as well as control.
- Bread Knife: This 22 cm knife is lightweight and precisely balanced. The high tech stainless steel adds durability, strength and sharpness to the knife. Giving a comfortable grip due to its stainless steel, this knife has excellent razor sharpness.
Factors to Consider While Purchasing the Best Bread Knife
Since there are so many bread knives available in the market, it is important for you to consider certain factors that can distinguish the best bread knife from the basic ones.
- You should visit different stores selling bread knives or search on the web. By visiting these stores you should get information about the different knives available in the market. You shall then have full knowledge about the company and the technology used to manufacture the knife. If possible hold the knife and feel how heavy or light weight it is.
- You can also look for the entire set of knives including steak knife, carving knife, slicing knife and others. There are also various other knives that will help you cut the bread in a decorative manner for theme parties and get together.
- Make sure the bread knife you choose has a comfortable handle with strong gripping. The best is to choose those with ergonomic designs.
- The knife should be made of stainless steel or any other corrosion-resistant materials. Also look for best kitchen knife that offer manufacturer’s guarantee.
The Top Selling Bread Knives in the Market
Here are the reviews of the best bread knife in the market. So if you are considering buying a bread knife, going through the review of each of these would be a wise decision.
This knife with its professional quality 10-1/4 inch is perfect for handling crusty exteriors without tearing the tender loaves. It offers maximum sharpness and retains the edge due to the high carbon, ice-tempered, stainless steel blade. The patented Fibrox handle are slip resistant, textured and designed ergonomically for comfort and balance. It is NSF approved and recommends hand washing.
With a long serrated blade, the Zyliss 8.5 inch bread knife helps in cutting the crisp bread crust without causing any tear on the soft interior of the loaf. This knife is made from high quality Japanese stainless steel with a Rockwell hardness offering a sharp edge and also convenient to re-sharpen. It is easy to hold due to its sculpted, ergonomic design with soft grip. This knife has a unique colour and non-stick coating which make it easy to clean and identify. It also has a safe storage cover making it portable and easy to carry. This knife is perfect for cutting cakes into layers prior to filling it.
This 10 inch German knife has a serrated blade which easily penetrates through the toughest crusts. Its precision is forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel in order to maintain sharp edge. It offers balance and superior strength due to its full tang, triple-riveted synthetic handle. It is recommended to wash by hands instead of dishwasher. The state-of-the-art technology of Wusthof includes a computer controlled method that puts the edge on the classic knives and provides a precise edge from the tip of the knife to its handle. Doubling the sharpness retention, this knife offers its customers a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
This knife is perfectly and ergonomically designed for cutting hard bread crusts. The long serrated blades helps in easily penetrating through the bread crust or cut the tomatoes in perfect slices. It is made of high carbon German stainless steel hot-drop forged blades and bolsters. It has a full tang triple rivet handle. Though this blade is safe to be washed in dishwasher but hand washing is recommended.
This knife is a balanced 8-3/4 inch bread knife. The blade of this knife is made of advanced technology vanadium or molybdenum stainless steel. With edges retaining razor sharpness, this knife has a stainless steel handle designed for strong grip and comfort. This knife is helpful in cutting hard bread crusts and the sharpness on the edges stays for years. It not only cuts bread but also helps in cutting turkeys, large roasts, meat loaves and cakes easily.